Friday, September 16, 2011

Turtle Bars



Omg!! These are soo good!!

Again, I love getting all sorts of recipies in my email inbox.  I subscribe to so many cooking newsletters and websites. This one came from one of my new favorite sites www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com

Of course as soon as I read the recipie for Turtle Bars I had to make lthem right away.  As usual I didn't really check the cupboard before starting so I made a few adjustments.

The Recipe:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup quick oatmeal ( I used regular rolled oats)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter melted
1 pkg 8 oz chocolate chips
1 jar 12 oz caramel syrup  ( I used caramel and butterscotch together)
1 cup chopped pecans, or almonds...  Don't chop too much (like i did)  You want bigger pieces of nuts in them.

Directions.....
 Combine first 6 ingredients untill well blended.  Love my mixer!!!  spread 1/2 into a 9x13 greased or parchment lined glass baking dish.  Press well.  Bake at 350 for10 minutes.  Spread chocolate chips and nuts over crust. drizzel carmel syrup over the top.  sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over the top.   Bake 15 minutes or till golden brown.  Let cool before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment