Sunday, April 24, 2011

Garlic Parmesan Rolls

I love trying new ideas.  These are easy to make and they look so fancy.  I found them at one of my favorite online resources for recipies.  http://www.grocerybudget101.com/  

Here is the original recipe for Garlic Paresan Swirl Biscuits

Mine came out very tasty, light, and flakey.  The kids thought they needed more butter so next time I'll do a little drizzle of butter while they are baking.



Biscuit recipe

2 cups flour
1 T Baking Powder
1  tsp Salt
1 T Sugar
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients, then cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or using 2 forks, untill it resembles small crumbs. I get all excited when I get to use my pastry blender.  Mix in the milk to form a soft dough.  do not over mix the dough.

Roll out the dough onto a floured board.  Just like you are making cinnamon rolls.  Top with Garlic filling.

Garlic Filling

1/3 cup melted butter
3 cloves garlic minced
1 T dried parsley
1/3 Cup Parmesean cheese


Roll up lengthwise and slice 1 inch thick.  Place on cookie sheet  with sides touching eachother and bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes, or till golden brown.  I will brush with additional melted butter when they come out ov the over.  Just because we love butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment