Saturday, April 30, 2011

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

I never in my life thought I'd like brussel sprouts.  Until I made these I don't think I'd ever even tried one.  they just seemed awful.  Of course my mind was changed after watching a cooking show.  I think it was a Paula Dean show.  Anyway, I decided to give it a whirl......  Oh my, they are sooo good!

It all starts with a bowl of these little cabbage things....
Just wash, cut the stems off and split in two.  If they are large I might quarter them.  Do try to get mostly the same size sprouts though so they all cook the same.  Either all big ones or all little ones.

A drizzle of olive oil..... not to soak, just to coat.
Then spread them out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt and lots of black pepper. Mince up about 3 cloves of garlic and sprinkle it on.
Preheat the oven to 400.
Bake them for about 20 minutes until dark brown and crisp.

They turn out almost french fried!

No comments:

Post a Comment