Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Apple Crisp

I have said before that I frequent alot of recipe websites.  Another one of my favorites is http://www.grocerybudget101.com/  The things I find on this site are of incredible. I could spend hours on that site looking up things.  Today there was a recipe for an apple crisp.  Honestly it was the picture of it that made me want to make it.  So I did.



I only had 2 apples so I kinda halved the recipe....  I had forgotten how easy a fruit crisp was to whip up!

Sliced up 2 peeled and cored apples.  Tart ones would be best.
1/4 cup sugar and enough cinnamon to make it look all yummy when mixed up, about 1/4 tsp.  Dump it in a small glass dish.

for the topping 1/2 stick butter, softened
                       1/2 cup brn sugar
                       1/2 c rolled oats
                       1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
                       1/2 tsp vanilla
                        1/4 tsp cinnamon

Huh, now that I'm typing it I realize forgot the cinnamon,nutmeg and vanilla when I made it. Oops!

Mix the topping together so it's all crumbly and dump it on top of the apples.  Bake at 350 for 35 min. 

                      
               We couldn't wait.  It was suppose to be for dessert tonight but I had to try it.  I brought it out into the living room with a fork.  Yes the whole dish!  I was suprised all of the kids loved it.  yes I know but my kids don't always like fruit desserts.  I will definately be making this one again!

You can find the original recipe at http://www.grocerybudget101.com/   Just search Apple Crisp in the recipies.  I don't know how to put the link to it in the blog yet...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment