Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crunchy Granola Bars

My husband's favorite granola bars are the Nature Valley Honey, you know the ones in the green box.  I just can't stand the price for them.  I found this recipe on the web (can't remember where) and they are really good.  Super easy to make, and the recipe makes a ton.

4 cups oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey                       
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Combine everything together well.  Press into a greased 15 1/2 by 10 in jelly roll pan.  I use one of those silicone baking mats, it fit's in my pan perfectly.  Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.  They are done by 10 minutes in my oven.  They should be golden brown and bubbly.   Let cool a bit before cutting into bars. When I made them tonight I added 1 tsp of cinnamon.  Store in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment