Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh... the possibilities of Bisquick

Long day at work and taking kids to Dr. appointments means I forgot to take somethng out for dinner.  Thanks to a little extra cooking when we had spaghetti  the other night and a box of Bisquick, dinner's done! Ok, not  with style but it's very tasty!

When I made spaghetti last week I combined hot and mild bulk sausage.  Since I cooked 2 lbs I put 1/2 of it in the freezer. 

Great tip for anytime you are cooking ground meat.  Always cook double and freeze 1/2 of it.

  So on to dinner.....

Shred 2 potatoes into the bottom of a casserole dish. 
Top with the ground cooked meat.
In a bowl mix together 1 cup Bisquick, 2 Cups milk, and 4 eggs.
Pour over meat and potatoes.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake another 10 min.

Impossible pie that has limitless possibilities!  I found this recipe on the betty crocker website and adapted it. The original recipe calls for putting frozen vegetables in it but that just sounds gross to me (and the kids).   This comes out more like a breakfast cassrole so we like to serve it with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment