Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chilli dogs

Simple enough to make a nice change for dinner.   For our family, only 1 type of chilli is liked by all.


If I could make beanless chilli cheaper I would.   I can find the large cans of this at Target for around   2$ and 1 can feeds all 5 of us. For us this is the best stuff for chilli dogs!

  
    Not just any dog will do.  All beef hot dogs have the best flavor.  Split and fry the hot dogs, using a bacon press gives them that nice fried flavor and lots of good color on your dog.  I guess the color doesn't really matter because we slop it over with chilli and toppings but it does make a flavor difference.
 



Don't know why I took these pictures but i thought they looked cool




The only toppings we use are Cheddar Cheese and Red Onions.  I know, boring!  Lots of people use more creative toppings but this is what works for us.


The End Result : a very satisfied tummy

No comments:

Post a Comment