Monday, March 28, 2011

Snickerdoodle Muffins

This one popped up in my email this morning.  I just HAD to make them.

2 Cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 stp. vanilla

Cinnamon and sugar for topping 
1 Tbs. sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon

Combine flour, salt, cram of tartar and baking soda.  Set aside

In a mixer, cram the butter and sugar.  Add the eggs.  Add the milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Add the dry ingredients, just until moistened.  fill muffin cups 1/2 full.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. 



 These are so good.  I made 12 muffins by filling them 2/3 full so I'd reccomend 1/2 full. My silicone muffin cups are large.  next time I think I might try putting cinammon and sugar in the greased cups before the batter, just for a little extra goodness.  These are wonderful, almost cake like muffins.  I bet they'd be really good in mini muffin pans too!

Snickerdoodle Muffins  This is the link to the original recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment