Monday, March 21, 2011

Chewy Granola Bars


These Have got to be the BEST Granola Bars EVER!!


I can't stand the price the stores charge for granola bars.  But they are a must in our household. There are so many possibilities with this recipe.


1 1/2 cups Bisquick like mix
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup brown sugar -- packed
1/2 cup butter or margarine -- softened
1 egg
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all until well blended.

Press mixture evenly in un-greased rectangular pan 13x9x2".

Bake 15-17 minutes.; Cut into bars while still warm.

They freeze well, and possibities are limitless.  Raisins, dried fruits, nuts.  I tried peanut butter  but the consistancy didn't turn out right so next time i try that I'll up the oat content.    You might want to make these well before the kids get home because they'll be gone before you can package them up




2 comments:

  1. I'm going to make these tomorrow. Store granola bars are always so loaded with who-knows-what? These sound perfect for my girls. Thanks for the recipe and congratulations on the blog!
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made them yesterday with chopped peanuts and chocolate chips. My son likes them straight from the freezer.

    ReplyDelete