Monday, March 28, 2011

Spanish Rice



I swear this is the easiest and best tasting spanish rice.  I adapted this recipe from one that called for ingredients I didn't have on hand.  Actually tried it once the way the original recipe was written,   it didn't go over as well with the family.  So I'll stick to mine.

1 1/2 cup white rice
2 tblspn olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tomato soup                
2 cup chicken broth




In a large skillet over med heat brown the dry rice.  Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.  Stir it constantly.  Once the rice starts to brown add the onion and garlic.  Continue stirring till the onions are nice and soft.  Add the tomato soup and chicken broth.  Stir well to combine and set the stove to low and put a lid on it.  Stir it every 5 minutes untill done.  Should be just about 20 minutes.  I make this every time we have tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment