Sunday, May 1, 2011

Butterscotch Waffles


When I found the  recipe for butterscotch waffles at my favorite  food budgeting website I knew my kids would love it.  Besides I love any recipe that makes me have to break out the kitchen aid mixer.  I just love that thing!

Dry Ingredients

3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Place the above in a lg mixing bowl and stir to combine

In a small bowl mix the wet ingredients

1 cup Buttermilk
6 T vegetable oil
1 egg yolk   ( save the white for the Kitchen aid mixer)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Wisk the egg white untill soft peaks form.  Yeah, Kitchen aid to the rescue!!

Add the wet ingredients and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips to the dry ingredients.  Stir till combined and moistened. Fold in the egg whites.  The batter should be lumpy.  Cook according to your waffle iron's instructions.  Top with homemade maple syrup or your favorite topping.  They are so good.  The kids said they were the best waffles they have ever eaten.  This recipe is certainly a keeper!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment