Sunday, May 29, 2011

Honey Mustard Chicken

I once had a cookbook called 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.  Pretty good cookbook.  This family faorite recipe came out of it. I guess it's what you'd call my "go to" chicken recipe.

You'll need:

Boneless skinless chicken breasts. 
1/4 stick butter melted
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
2 cloves minced garlic
Pinch of salt and pepper

I usually have boneless skinless chicken breasts  ready to go from the freezer and just pull out a pkg in the morning.  After work I can whip this dish up in about 10 minutes, then pop it in the oven.


Place chicken in baking dish.  Mix together all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.  Baste chicken every 15 minutes with the juices.  The chicken gets a nice carmelized coating on it.  Serve with homemade rice a roni and a vegetable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment