Monday, May 2, 2011

Honey Sesame Chicken


I'm not one to follow recipies to the letter.  I almost alway change them up a bit.  I decided to try a  recipie I found on the web for honey sesame chicken.  Using the chicken out of the freezer I whipped up this easy baked dish.  This recipe could also be used as a Make Ahead Meal for a no brainer dinner.  Just place everything in a ziplock bag and freeze flat. Pull the bag out of the freezer to thaw and dump it all in a baking dish to cook.

Honey Sesame Chicken

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - You could use any type of thicken just adjust the cooking times

1/2 of a beer ( I just had coors in the fridge but a dar beer would be fantastic!)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard (all I had was a hot sweet so I used that)
3 cloves minced garlic  (again I think I used 5 )
3 T sesame seeds  ( if you don't have them just omit )  They did ad a nice flavor though

Place chicken in glass baking dish.  Mix up all other ingredients and poor over chicken.  Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.    I think I basted it twice during cooking. 

This dish has a nice light flavor.  It would be also great just marinated and then grilled. Might have to try that next!

No comments:

Post a Comment