Friday, May 13, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies



I have yet another cookbook that I keep on my shelf for only a couple of recipies. These cookies are so good. It would be a breat recipe to use for making ice cream sandwiches.

From the Favorite Brand name Bake Sale Cookbook

1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2/3    cup Crisco shortening
1 T    water
1 tsp  vanilla
2        eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1/3    cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2    Cups semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375
Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.  (I really don't know why, but I do it anyway)

Place brown sugar, shortening, water, and vanilla in bowl and beat with electric mixer until well blended.  Hello Kitchen Aid!!!    Add eggs:beat well.

Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in another bowl.  Add to shortening mixture: beat at low speed just until blended.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.  I use my silicone lined baking sheets.  Love those things!!  Bake only 1 cookie sheet at a time.

Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes.  DO NOT OVER BAKE!!!!

Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.  Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.  Makes about 3 dozen cookies


Oh Yeah!!!  These cookies don't last long in our house......









No comments:

Post a Comment