Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pizza Balls


Exactly!!

I was inspired to make these when a friend took us to their favorite pizza place.  You could choose any 1 or 2 toppings to put in them and they came 6 in a basket. We would drizzle ranch on them.  My kids loved them!! But they could eat a ton of them....  So guess what???  I figured out how to make them.

I tried it with refrigerater pizza dough the other night and they were good.  Today I decided to use my own homemade pizza dough.  It's dirt cheap to make and tastes great!

Whichever way you decide to try to make them start with a bunch of dough cut into golf ball sized chunks....
Have your pizza toppings ready, garlic, cheese, pepperoni, onions, whatever you like.  Keep it to 1 or 2 plus the cheese.

Flatten your little ball of dough add your toppings and cheese. Wrap up the little guys and pinch to seal. Make sure they are sealed well.






Sounds simple but ther is a little bit of a trick to it.  If you get the dough too thin and don't seal it all the way your toppings will come out of it while it bakes.


Keep the rest of the dough covered while you work so it doesn't dry out.

If you are making some with different flavors be sure to mark them. I put a little green onion on the one with onions in it.
Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes.  Serve hot with ranch dressing to dip with.



I Baked most of mine for only about 4 minutes, cooled then froze. 
 The kids can bake them from frozen for an after school snack, or a quick lunch.


Using my pizza dough recipe I made 36 pizza balls.

1 comment:

  1. So next time I'll try pieces of mozzarella instead of shredded. Also if you bake them upside down in muffin tins the cheese won't ooze out. I did this when I baked them from frozen. They turn out great!!

    ReplyDelete